Who We Are...
Women In Philanthropy (WIP) was founded by a small group of women in 2009 who committed to improving women’s health in our community while fostering and inspiring woman as active philanthropic leaders.
What We Do...
At the heart of WIP is a Giving Circle. We pool our resources and collectively decide which projects we will fund within the YMCA community based on a membership vote. Membership annual contribution is $1000 to the WIP fund.
A Few of Our Funded Projects...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Weight Loss Challenge (Clinical Oncology)
- Pet Assisted Pediatric Therapy
- Diabetes, Obesity and Wellness Program for Children
- Post-Partum Depression Support Network
- Women’s Health Rehabilitation Services Program for pelvic floor dysfunctions
- Osteoporosis Prevention & Treatment: Movement Matters Program
- Women’s Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program
- Bicycle Helmet Traumatic Brain Injury Prevention Program
- Dental Services for Uninsured Children
- The building of a playground for preschool children at the YMCA-Stuart Campus for this age group to have safe, age-appropriate space.
The mission of Women in Philanthropy is to use the values and life experiences of diverse women across generations to promote and collectively create healthier and more sustainable lives and communities. Women in Philanthropy inspire and cultivate a woman’s philanthropic spirit.
Checks should be made to the YMCA of The Treasure Coast /WIP Fund. You can pay by credit card or send your check by mail to Charlene Lyons, SHRM-CP, YMCA of the Treasure Coast, 1700 Monterey Rd., Stuart, FL 34996.
Join us for a morning dedicated to health issues that matter most to women: