Healthy Lifestyles Start Here
The Wellness Center located at our main branch in Stuart is equipped with top-of-the-line cardio machines (with individual LCD screens for motivation or entertainment), circuit and strength equipment, as well as stretching and free weight areas, plus unlimited access to a variety of Group Exercise classes and our NEW Functional Integrated Training (FIT) Zone!
But the Y is much more than a gym! We’re also the world’s most recognized charitable organization. As a result, your membership not only benefits you, but also benefits your community as well. In addition to the state-of-the-art equipment in our Wellness Center, we offer childcare programs, summer camp, youth programs, swim lessons, lap swimming, sports, and much, much more. We proudly offer a financial assistance program, called Membership for All, to ensure that YMCA programs are available to all, regardless of their ability to pay.
New Member Orientation
Here at the Y, we want every member to feel comfortable in our Fitness Center. All members are entitled to a FREE Orientation to ensure that you feel confident using the equipment. This is a great way to meet some of our awesome staff as well! Need to schedule? Just call our front desk (772) 286-4444 or email our Wellness Director, Joshua Joseph and we will be happy to get you set up!
- All Youth ages 11-14 are required to complete a youth orientation. Ages 11-12 are then cleared for cardio only with parent. Ages 13-14 are then cleared for all equipment (with the exception of the Free Weight Area.) Please note, children under 10 years old are NOT permitted on the fitness floor.
- Proper gym clothes must be worn. Footwear must fully cover toes and must fully cover heel and must be securely fastened.
- Please bring a sweat towel from home. We do not recommend using a YMCA cleaning towel as a personal sweat towel.
- Please wipe down machines before and after each use. Colored towels for cleaning machines are provided at the kiosk and spray bottles are located at cleaning stations around the fitness center.
- Only use one piece of gym equipment at a time.
- Please use proper gym etiquette while using the Wellness Center. (Share equipment, no excessively loud noises, return equipment to proper places, etc.)
- Cell phone use is prohibited. Please take calls outside the Wellness Center.
- There is a 30 minute maximum time allotted per person on ALL cardio equipment if others are waiting.
- Do not leave any personal items in the locker room for more than the period of time spent in the gym. The Y and its staff are not responsible for stolen items.
- Always use caution when working out.
- Free Weight Area is for ages 15 and up only.
- Use of bar collars and spotters are recommended in the Free Weight Area.
The YMCA is committed to providing a Christian atmosphere that ensures the highest respect and courtesy toward one another, a healthy environment, and the proper use, maintenance and care of YMCA property and equipment. To ensure this environment, every member and guest can expect the following:
- A smoke and drug free environment
- An environment free of verbal abuse, swearing, fighting, inappropriate sexual behavior, verbal or physical harassment.
- An environment that respects members, guests, and staff.
- An environment that shows respect for property of members, staff, the YMCA.
Membership may be revoked for any past or present behavior or allegation that may interfere with the YMCA mission or safety of YMCA members, guests, employees, or self. The YMCA reserves the right to deny, suspend, or terminate membership at any time that it deems necessary.
Thank you for doing your part in making the YMCA a great place for everyone! The YMCA serves all ages, incomes, faiths, sexual orientations, genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.