Fun Facts About the Y
- The Y is the largest non-profit organization in the U.s. according to the 2015 NonProfit Times top 100.
- The Y is a leading nonprofit organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- The Y is comprised of more than 2,700 locations throughout the U.S.
- The Y is a global organization with Ys in 119 countries.
- The Y engages 9 million youth and 13 million adults each year.
- Collectively, the YMCA receives over $570 million in charitable donations annually.
The Y is a cause-driven charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Our Y was incorporated on December 31, 1977, as the YMCA of Martin County. We merged with the older YMCA of St. Lucie County in July 2000 and became the YMCA of the Treasure Coast.
At the YMCA of the Treasure Coast, our leadership team members share an unwavering commitment to the Y’s mission and work to strengthen communities.
We are governed by a Board of Directors which brings a diverse set of skills and experience to support the Y’s mission and work to strengthen communities. Their commitment and unique talents help guide the Y and ensure its continued success.